valve using the Gas Shock Recharging
Kit (PN 2200421).
34. Continue filling until the shaft has fully extended and
the reservoir pressure is at 125 psi.
Nitrogen Pressure (Front and Rear):
125 psi (862 kPa) +/- 5%
CHARGE THE SHOCK USING NITROGEN GAS
ONLY. DO NOT FILL WITH ANY OTHER GASES.
Doing so compromises the performance of the shock
and may be EXTREMELY DANGEROUS!
35. Reinstall the valve cap.
36. Clean all oil residue from the shock and reservoir
with solvent, and dry with low pressure compressed
air in a well ventilated area.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
STEERING / SUSPENSION
37. Check shock for any leaks.
NOTE: If leakage from a remote shock reservoir
hose fitting is evident, check for a loose fitting
and seal threads with Three Bond 1215 (PN
38. Reinstall the compression spring and the spring
39. Thread the spring preload adjuster down against the
spring and set the preload to the specified
measurement (see Chapter 2 – Spring Adjustment,
recommended setting or the original setting upon
removal (see Chapter 2 –
Adjustment, page 2.41).
41. Remove the shock from the vise.
42. Reinstall spherical bearing O-rings and polyurethane
After installation, be sure to RIDE
SLOWLY initially to ensure the shock and the
vehicle's suspension is performing correctly.