ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
1. If previously removed, reinstall the flywheel key.
2. Clean taper of crankshaft to remove all oil or grease.
3. Clean flywheel taper to remove all oil or grease.
4. Apply a drop of Loctite® 641 (yellow) to the tapers
before assembly. Loctite® 603 (green) can be used if
641 is not available.
5. Align flywheel key-way with key and install the
flywheel, seating it fully on taper.
6. Install flywheel retaining bolt. Using a commercially
available strap wrench
the retaining bolt
If the Cylinder Holding & Camshaft
Timing Plate (PU-50563) is installed, remove it
before tightening the flywheel.
Flywheel Retaining Bolt:
133 ft-lbs (180 Nm)
, hold flywheel and torque
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
7. Install the starter torque limit gear as an assembly.
Stator Cover Installation
1. Apply gasket tack adhesive to help hold gasket in
place during assembly.
2. Install a new stator cover gasket over alignment pins.
The flywheel contains powerful magnets. Use caution
when removing and installing the stator cover. DO NOT
place fingers between cover and crankcase at any time
during the removal / installation process or injury could
3. Install stator cover and thirteenscrews. Torque
screws in sequence to specification.
Stator Cover Screws:
9 ft-lb (12 Nm)