STEERING / SUSPENSION
10. Remove and properly dispose of the oil from the
NOTE: Insert the IFP Tool (PS-45908) and cycle
the Internal Floating Piston (IFP) a few times to
purge the shock oil from the reservoir.
11. Remove the floating piston from the shock reservoir
using the IFP Tool (PS-45908).
12. Clean and inspect ALL parts and replace as needed.
NOTE: Seal kits are available and should be
installed at this time if seals or O-rings are
damaged or worn.
13. Use the appropriate shock rod holding tool and a
vise to mount the shock rod vertically with the
threaded end upward.
Front Shock Rod Holding Tool: 2872429
Rear Shock Rod Holding Tool: PU-50931
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
14. Using an 11/16" socket, remove the nut retaining the
valve stack and piston.
Keep the rebound and compression
valve stacks in the order they were removed. If
unsure of order, refer to "Shock Valving" under
the "Shock Service Information" provided earlier
in this section.
15. Place the valve stack on a clean shop towel in order
16. Inspect the valves for kinks, waves, pits or foreign
17. Inspect the piston wear band and replace if damaged
18. Use the appropriate shock body holding tool to
properly secure the shock assembly into a vice for
Front Shock Body Holding Tool: PU-50979
Rear Shock Body Holding Tool: PU-50938