Master Cylinder Installation
1. Reverse Steps 1-5 for master cylinder installation.
15 ft-lb (20 Nm)
Master Cylinder Mounting Fasteners
23 ft-lbs (31 Nm)
2. After installing the foot brake check pedal free-play.
Pedal free-play should not exceed .090" (2.286 mm).
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
BRAKE BLEEDING / FLUID CHANGE
NOTE: When bleeding the brakes or replacing the
fluid always start with the furthest caliper from the
master cylinder. This procedure should be used to
change fluid or bleed brakes during regular
Always wear safety glasses when handling chemicals
Brake fluid will damage finished surfaces.
Do not allow brake fluid to come in contact
with finished surfaces.
1. Clean master cylinder reservoir cover thoroughly and
remove the cover .
2. If changing fluid, remove old fluid from reservoir
with a Mity Vac™ pump or similar tool.
Mity Vac™: PN 2870975
3. Add brake fluid to the indicated MAX level of
Polaris DOT 4 Brake Fluid
4. Begin bleeding procedure with the caliper that is
farthest from the master cylinder. Install a box end
wrench on caliper bleeder screw. Attach a clean,
clear hose to fitting and place the other end in a
clean container. Be sure the hose fits tightly on