REAR BRAKE PADS
1. Elevate and support rear of vehicle.
Use care when supporting vehicle so that it
does not tip or fall.
Severe injury may occur if machine tips or falls.
2. Remove the rear wheel.
3. Loosen pad adjuster screw 2-3 turns.
4. Remove the lower radius rod outer mounting bolt,
nut and washer from the bearing carrier. Swing
radius rod down. Discard the nut.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
5. Remove the two caliper mounting bolts and lift
6. Push caliper piston into the caliper bore slowly using
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
caliper off the brake disc.
NOTE: When removing caliper, be careful not to
damage brake line. Support caliper to avoid
kinking or bending brake line.
a C-clamp or locking pliers with pads installed.
Brake fluid will be forced through
compensating port into master cylinder fluid
reservoir when piston is pushed back into
caliper. Remove excess fluid from reservoir as