13. Apply Loctite® 648 evenly to bushing bore inside
14. Set bushing in place on sheave.
15. Insert installation puller tool (Item A/B) with "A" side
down, into center of bushing.
16. With towers pointing upward, slide sheave, bushing
and tool onto puller rod.
17. Install nut on puller rod and hand tighten. Turn barrel
to apply additional tension if needed.
18. Turn sheave counterclockwise, making sure bushing
is drawn straight into bore. Continue until bushing is
19. Remove nut from puller rod and set aside.
20. Remove sheave from puller.
21. Remove installation tool.
Cover Bushing Removal
22. Install main adapter
23. Install adapter reducer
24. From outside of clutch cover, insert removal tool
into cover bushing.
25. With inside of cover toward vise, slide cover onto
26. Install nut onto puller rod and hand tighten. Turn
puller barrel to increase tension as needed.
27. Turn clutch cover counterclockwise on puller rod until
bushing is removed and cover comes free.
28. Remove nut from puller rod and set aside.
29. Remove bushing and bushing removal tool from
puller. Discard bushing.
Cover Bushing Installation
30. Apply Loctite® 648 evenly to bushing bore in the
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
31. Working from inside of cover, insert new bushing and
bushing installation tool into center of clutch cover.
32. With main adapter on puller, insert cover onto puller
rod, placing outside of cover toward vise.
33. Install nut on rod and hand tighten. Turn puller barrel
to apply more tension if needed.
34. Turn clutch cover counterclockwise on puller rod until
bushing is seated.
35. Remove nut from puller rod. Take installation tool
and clutch cover off rod.
Drive Clutch Assembly
Do not apply oil or grease to the bushings.
Reassemble the drive clutch in the following sequence.
Be sure marks that were made during disassembly are
aligned during each phase of assembly.
1. Install the shift weights, bolts and nuts onto the
moveable sheave. Torque shift weight bolts to
Shift Weight Fasteners:
20 in-lb (2 Nm)