27. Install the air box assembly as outlined in the EFI
Chapter (see Chapter 4 – ETC Replacement, page
28. Install the rear bumper and cargo box as an
assembly (see Chapter 10 – Cargo Box Assembly
Removal, page 10.22).
29. Connect the (-) negative battery cable.
30. Install the engine service panel, console cover and
31. If transmission lubricant was drained, fill the
transmission with the specified amount of Polaris
AGL (see Chapter 2 – Transmission Lubrication,
Recommended Transmission Lubricant:
AGL (PN 2878068) (Quart)
Capacity (Standard): 44 oz. (1300 ml)
Capacity (INT'L): 41 oz. (1200 ml)
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
NOTE: Refer to the exploded view at the end of this
chapter as a reference.
1. Place transmission in High gear before disassembly.
2. Drain and properly dispose of the transmission
lubricant (see Chapter 2 – ).
3. Remove the bell crank nut
4. Remove E-clip
that retains spring and flat washers
and gear switch
. Remove the switch.
5. Remove the sector cover bolts
sector cover .
NOTE: Removal can be aided by using your
thumbs to press in on the shafts while pulling out
the cover with your fingers.
6. Remove the compression spring
7. Remove the detent star
fits onto the splined shaft with the raised edge facing
outward for reassembly.
8. Remove the spacer
and bell crank
and remove the
. Note how the detent star