Engine Oil and Filter Change
Always change engine oil and filter at the intervals
outlined in the Periodic Maintenance Chart. Always
change the oil filter whenever changing the engine oil.
The engine oil dipstick is located on the front side of the
engine. Access the dipstick through the engine service
The engine oil fill cap is located on top of the valve cover.
Access the oil fill cap through the cargo box access
The crankcase drain plug is located on the bottom of the
crankcase. Access the drain plug through the skid plate
access hole located directly under the crankcase.
1. Position vehicle on a level surface and place the
transmission in PARK.
2. Stop the engine and allow it to cool down.
3. Clean the area around the crankcase drain plug.
Use caution when performing this procedure.
Do not allow hot engine oil to come into contact with
skin, as serious burns may result.
4. Place a drain pan under the engine crankcase and
remove the drain plug
5. Remove the seats and engine service panel to
access the oil filter.
. Allow the oil to drain
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
6. Using the Oil Filter Wrench (PU-50105), turn the oil
counter-clockwise to remove it.
Oil Filter Wrench:
PU-50105: 2.5" (64 mm)
7. Using a clean dry cloth, clean the filter sealing
surface on the engine crankcase.
8. Lubricate the O-ring on the new oil filter with a film of
fresh engine oil. Check to make sure the O-ring is in
good condition. Install it by hand until the O-ring
contacts the sealing surface, then turn an additional
Oil Filter Torque:
Turn by hand until filter O-ring contacts sealing surface,
then turn an additional 1/2 turn.
9. Replace the sealing washer on drain plug.
NOTE: The sealing surface on the drain plug
should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or
10. Reinstall the engine crankcase drain plug. Torque
drain plug to specification.
Engine Oil Drain Plug:
12 ft-lbs (16 Nm)