STEERING / SUSPENSION
Shock Removal / Installation
1. Elevate the vehicle off the ground to relieve the
2. Support under A-arm or trailing arm.
3. Remove the upper and lower fasteners retaining the
shock and remove the shock from the vehicle.
Discard nuts and replace with new upon installation.
4. Reverse the procedure to reinstall the shock. Torque
new fasteners to specification (see Chapter 8 –
Front Shock Assembly View, page 8.27 and Rear
Shock Assembly View, page 8.27).
Shock Mounting Bolts:
44 ft-lb (60 Nm)
70 ft-lbs (95 Nm)
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
1. Remove the shock and note the spring preload
distance (see Chapter 2 – Spring Adjustment, page
2. Loosen the jam nut (if applicable) and adjustment
ring until the spring is loose. If needed, use a spring
compressor to compress the spring far enough to
remove the spring retainer.
3. Remove the spring and spring retainer from the
existing shock and install components onto the new
4. Install the spring(s) and spring retainer.
NOTE: The spring retainer gap should be 180°
from the end of the spring upon installation.
5. Tighten the spring adjustment ring to set the preload
distance noted in Step 1 (see Chapter 2 – Spring
Adjustment, page 2.40).
6. Reinstall the shock onto the vehicle and torque new
fasteners to specification.