19. Front Shocks Only: Using a 9/16" socket w/
extension, remove the fastener retaining the clicker
valve stack. Place the valve stack on a clean shop
towel in order of removal.
NOTE: Keep the valve stack in the order it was
removed. If unsure of order, refer to "Shock
Valving" under the "Shock Service Information"
provided earlier in this section.
20. Inspect the valves for kinks, waves, pits or foreign
21. Thoroughly clean all shock components and shock
body prior to assembly.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
Walker Evans™ Shock Assembly
1. Install new seals and O-rings on the seal head
2. Use the appropriate shock rod holding tool and a
3. Install the appropriate Shock Seal Protector Sleeve
4. Install seal head assembly onto the shock shaft.
5. Remove the Shock Seal Protector Sleeve.
6. Place the compression valve stack on the rod in the
7. Place valve piston on top of the compression stack.
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
STEERING / SUSPENSION
vise to mount the shock rod vertically with the
threaded end upward.
Front Shock Rod Holding Tool: 2872429
Rear Shock Rod Holding Tool: PU-50931
over the shaft threads.
Front Shock Seal Protector Sleeve: PU-50939
Rear Shock Seal Protector Sleeve: PU-50952
reverse order of disassembly.
NOTE: If unsure of the valve stack order, refer to
"Shock Valving" under the "Shock Service
Information" provided earlier in this section.