ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
Connecting Rod Inspection
1. The 5 digit numbers stamped onto the intake side of
the connecting rod are serial numbers used to match
the rod stem with the rod cap.
2. The number and letter stamped onto the exhaust
side of the connecting rod represent the bore
diameter and weight grading of the connecting rod.
3. Inspect the small end and big end of connecting rod
(and matching rod cap) for damage, galling of
surface or pitting.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
4. Measure small end I. D. in two directions as shown.
specifications. Replace connecting rod if worn past
the service limit specification.
Connecting Rod Small End I.D.:
0.7879 - 0.7885" (20.015 - 20.030 mm)
Service Limit: 0.7897" (20.06 mm)
5. Install matching rod cap on connecting rod (without
bearings) and install the bolts.
6. Tighten bolts snug, then torque to 13 ft-lbs (18 Nm).
7. Using a dial bore gauge, measure big end I.D. in two
compare to specifications.