ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
14. If timing marks are not aligned, remove sprockets
and correct alignment.
15. Remove the Cylinder Holding & Camshaft Timing
Plate (PU-50563) from the end of the camshafts.
16. Rotate the engine using the flywheel and install the
remaining bolt in each camshaft sprocket. Torque the
sprocket bolts to specification.
Camshaft Sprocket Bolts:
14 ft-lb (19 Nm)
17. Rotate the engine using the flywheel and torque the
remaining sprocket bolts to specification.
18. Install the front camshaft carrier
19. Install the fixed cam chain guide
and two outer
and two retaining
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
20. Torque the camshaft carriers bolts in sequence to
Camshaft Carrier Bolts:
7 ft-lb (10 Nm)
21. Apply Polaris PS-4 engine oil to the cam chain
tensioner bore prior to assembly. Use a new
tensioner sealing washer
22. Install the hydraulic cam chain tensioner
cylinder and torque to specification.
Cam Chain Tensioner:
29 ft-lb (40 Nm)
23. Rotate crankshaft through two revolutions and verify
camshaft timing is correct.