Support Bearing Replacement
1. Remove the rear prop shaft from the vehicle (see
Chapter 7 – Rear Prop Shaft Removal, page 7.24).
2. Using a rubber mallet, remove the rubber isolated
bearing support from the shaft to expose the bearing.
3. Using a commercially available 2-jaw puller, remove
the bearing from the end of the propshaft.
4. Clean the bearing mounting surface on the shaft and
5. Install the new support bearing assembly onto the
end of the prop shaft.
NOTE: Do not attempt to separate the bearing
from the rubber isolated support assembly upon
retaining compound to the
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
6. Using an appropriate bearing/bushing installation
sleeve, drive the support bearing assembly onto the
propshaft until it seats against the shoulder on the
NOTE: Take care while installing the support
bearing assembly. Be sure to only drive on the
inner race of the bearing. Driving on the bearing
or support in any other location will damage the
bearing or support assembly.
7. Wipe the bearing and shaft clean of any excess
NOTE: Use care to not allow any of the Loctite
compound to get in the bearing.
8. Install the rear prop shaft into the vehicle (see
Chapter 7 –
Rear Prop Shaft Installation, page