ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
3. Remove the two bolts retaining the fixed cam chain
and remove the assembly from the engine.
4. Remove the remaining two bolts that retain the front
and carefully lift the carrier off the
5. Hold camshafts
with an open-end wrench, and
remove the top bolt
6. Rotate the engine using the flywheel and remove the
remaining bolt from each camshaft sprocket.
from the camshaft sprockets
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
7. Lift the chain and sprockets off the camshafts to
allow each sprocket to be removed.
8. Using a paperclip or other tool, hold cam chain up to
keep it from falling down into the crankcase.
NOTE: The crankcase has a built-in lower guide
to prevent the chain from falling off the
9. Evenly loosen the four bolts retaining each rear
and carefully lift the carriers off
10. Mark the intake
ensure proper assembly.
11. Carefully remove camshafts from the cylinder head.