Front Drive Shaft Removal
1. Elevate front of vehicle and safely support machine
under the frame area.
Serious injury may result if machine tips or falls. Be
sure machine is secure before beginning this service
procedure. Wear eye protection when removing
bearings and seals.
2. Remove the four wheel nuts and remove the front
3. Remove the cotter pin
hub castle nut
. Remove the nut, and cone
from the front wheel hub assembly.
4. Remove and discard the two front brake caliper
mounting bolts and remove the caliper from the
brake disc (see Chapter 9 – Caliper Removal , page
5. CAUTION: Do not hang the caliper by the brake line.
Use wire to hang caliper to prevent damage to the
6. Remove the front wheel hub assembly.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
and loosen the front wheel
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
7. Remove and discard the upper and lower ball joint
8. Using a soft faced hammer, lightly tap on the bearing
carrier while removing the upper ball joint end.
9. Remove the drive shaft from the front bearing carrier.
10. With a short, sharp jerk, remove drive shaft from the