15. Install the spark plug wires back into their correct
16. Install the push rivet that retains the heat shield to
the frame cross member.
17. Install the spark plug wires. Ensure wires are
installed on their proper cylinder spark plug and
pushed down all the way so they engage onto the
NOTE: The engine will misfire if the spark plug
wires are installed incorrectly. The spark plug
wires are marked with PTO and MAG and should
be installed to the corresponding cylinder.
18. Install outer clutch cover and eight retaining screws.
Torque screws to specification.
Outer Clutch Cover Screws:
50 in-lbs (5 Nm)
19. Connect the negative (-) battery cable to the battery
and install the seat.
20. Start the engine to ensure proper operation.
21. Install the engine access panel.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.