1. Remove both brake pads from the caliper (see
Chapter 9 – " FRONT BRAKE PADS - Pad Removal,
2. Remove mount bracket assembly
3. Thoroughly clean the caliper before disassembly and
prepare a clean work area for disassembly.
4. Use a commercially available caliper piston pliers to
extract the pistons from the caliper.
NOTE: Do not remove the caliper pistons with a
standard pliers. The piston sealing surfaces will
become damaged if a standard pliers is used.
and dust boots
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
5. Once the pistons are removed, use a pick to
carefully remove the square O-rings from the caliper.
O-rings should be replaced during caliper service.
6. Clean the caliper body, pistons and retaining bracket
with brake cleaner or alcohol.
NOTE: Be sure to clean seal grooves in caliper