6. Inspect the roller surface on the inside of the ring
gear for gouging/rough spots.
7. Inspect the roll cage
excessive wear. If damaged, replace the roll cage
8. Inspect the rollers
rollers must slide up, down, in and out freely within
the roll cage sliding surfaces and H-springs.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
assembly for cracks or
for nicks and scratches. The
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
Front Gearcase Removal
1. Raise and support vehicle
2. Place gear selector in neutral.
3. Refer to FRONT DRIVE SHAFT, page
remove both front drive shafts from the front
4. Remove the front section of the prop shaft (see
Chapter 7 – FRONT PROPSHAFT SERVICE, page
5. Disconnect the wire harness for the front gearcase
and remove the harness from the retaining dart.
6. Remove the vent line from the front gearcase and
plug vent line fitting.
7. Remove the four bolts
to the frame.
8. Rotate front of gearcase up so the input shaft is
facing down. Lift and remove the gearcase from the
front LH wheel well area and slide it out of the
vehicle above the upper A-arm.
securing the front gearcase