ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
Oil Pressure Test
1. Attach the Oil Pressure Gauge Adapter (PU-50565)
to the Oil Pressure Gauge (PV-43531).
Oil Pressure Gauge Adapter: PU-50565
Oil Pressure Gauge: PV-43531
2. Remove the seats, engine service panel, and divider
panel heat shield.
3. Clean the area around the main oil gallery plug ,
located in the upper crankcase on the MAG side of
4. Remove the crankcase gallery plug
oil pressure adapter.
and insert the
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
5. Start engine and allow it to reach operating
temperature, monitoring gauge indication.
NOTE: Test results are based on the use of the
recommended engine oil (Polaris PS-4 or PS-4
Extreme Duty) at operating temperature, and may
vary considerably if any other oil is used or if
engine is not up to temperature.
Oil Pressure Specification (Engine Hot):
Minimum @ 1200 RPM: 10 PSI
Minimum @ 7000 RPM: 40 PSI
6. Upon assembly, torque the crankcase gallery plug to
Crankcase Oil Gallery Plug:
11 ft-lbs (15 Nm)