STEERING / SUSPENSION
Front A-arm Removal / Replacement
The following procedure details upper and lower A-arm
removal and replacement on one side of the vehicle.
1. Elevate and safely support the front of the vehicle
and remove the front wheel.
2. Remove lower shock fastener
3. Remove upper ball joint pinch bolt
4. Using a soft face hammer, tap on bearing carrier to
loosen the upper A-arm ball joint end while lifting
upward on the upper A-arm. Completely remove the
ball joint end from the bearing carrier.
5. Remove the front bumper to allow A-arm bolt
from upper A-arm.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
6. Loosen and remove the upper A-arm front through-
and rear though-bolt fastener
Remove the upper A-arm from the vehicle.
7. Examine A-arm bushings and pivot tube. Replace if
worn. Discard hardware.
The locking agent on the existing bolts was destroyed
during removal. DO NOT reuse old hardware. Serious
injury or death could result if fasteners come loose
8. If not replacing the A-arm, thoroughly clean the A-
arm and pivot tube.
9. Install new ball joint into A-arm. Refer to "Ball Joint
10. Insert new A-arm bushings and pivot tube into new
11. Install new upper A-arm assembly onto vehicle
frame. Torque new bolt to specification.
Front Upper A-arm Bolts:
42 ft-lb (57 Nm)