10. Use one of the oil pump retaining bolts or a pen
magnet to extract the dowel pins
pump. Doing so allows for oil pump removal without
having to remove the pump drive sprocket.
NOTE: If unable to extract the dowel pins from
the oil pump, the oil pump sprocket must be
removed. Access the sprocket bolt by removing
the case plug.
11. Lift the oil pump drive chain and remove the oil
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
12. Visually inspect the oil pump and drive sprocket
from the oil
13. Rotate the engine so the cylinder is facing up.
14. Remove the eleven M6
15. Rotate the engine so the cylinder is facing down.
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
for wear or damage. Replace oil pump drive chain
and sprocket if worn or damaged. If any part of the
oil pump is damaged, the entire assembly must be
replaced. Replace the oil pump seal
NOTE: Oil pump assembly is non-serviceable
and two M8