9. Torque wheel hub nut
new cotter pin
. Tighten nut slightly if necessary to
align cotter pin holes. Bend both ends of cotter pin
around end of spindle in different directions.
Wheel Hub Castle Nut:
110 ft-lbs (149 Nm)
10. Install wheel and four wheel nuts. Torque wheel nuts
120 ft-lbs (163 Nm)
11. Rotate wheel and check for smooth operation.
to specification and install a
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
Rear Bearing Carrier Inspection / Removal
1. Elevate rear of vehicle and safely support machine
under the frame area.
Serious injury may result if machine tips or falls. Be
sure machine is secure before beginning this service
procedure. Wear eye protection when removing
bearings and seals.
2. Check bearings for side play by grasping the top and
bottom of the tire firmly and checking for movement.
The tire should rotate smoothly without binding or
3. Remove the four wheel nuts and rear wheel.
4. Remove the cotter pin
hub castle nut
. Remove the nut, and two cone
from the rear wheel hub assembly.
5. Remove the lower radius rod outer mounting bolt
nut and washer from the bearing carrier. Swing
radius rod down. Discard the nut.
6. Remove the two brake caliper mounting bolts
Remove the rear brake caliper assembly.
and loosen the rear wheel