9. Remove the shift shaft (K), detent pawl (L) and the
shift sector gears (M and N).
NOTE: Note the timing marks on the shift gears
(M and N) for reassembly purposes.
10. Remove the O-rings (P) from each shaft and discard.
Use new O-rings upon assembly.
11. Remove the bolt and washer retaining the brake disc
to transmission pinion shaft. Remove disc from shaft.
12. Remove all transmission case bolts. Using suitable
pry bars, remove the cover using the designated pry
points (indicated by black arrows in illustration
Do not pry on case sealing surfaces.
Use only the designated pry points
on the transmission.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
13. Lift up on the shift shaft rail (Q) and move the rail
14. Remove the shift shaft rail (Q) and shift forks from
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
assembly rearward to allow the shift fork pins to be
removed from the shift drum (R). Remove the shift
drum (R) from the transmission housing.
the transmission housing as an assembly.