3. Inspect the brake disc and pads as outlined in this
1. Install new caliper seals
sure groove is clean and free of residue or brakes
may drag upon assembly.
2. Coat piston with clean Polaris DOT 4 Brake Fluid
(PN 2872189). Install piston
while pushing inward. Piston should slide in and out
of bore smoothly with light resistance.
3. Lubricate the mounting bracket pins
grease and install the rubber dust seal boots
4. Compress the mounting bracket and make sure the
dust seals are fully seated. Install the brake pads.
Clean the disc and pads with brake parts cleaner or
denatured alcohol to remove any dirt, oil or grease.
in the caliper body
with a twisting motion
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
1. Install the rear caliper with new mounting bolts.
Torque mounting bolts
Rear Caliper Mount Bolt
40 ft-lbs (54 Nm)
2. Install brake line banjo bolt
NOTE: Banjo Bolts:
15 ft-lbs (20 Nm)
and torque to