REAR BRAKE DISC
1. Visually inspect disc for scoring, scratches, or
gouges. Replace disc if deep scratches are evident.
2. Use a 0-1" micrometer and measure disc thickness
at eight different points around the pad contact
surface. Replace disc if worn beyond service limit.
Brake Disc Thickness
New: 0.188" (4.78 mm)
Service Limit: 0.170" (4.32 mm)
Brake Disc Thickness Variance
Service Limit: 0.002" (0.051 mm)
Difference Between Measurements
3. Mount a dial indicator and measure disc runout.
Slowly rotate the disc and read total runout on the
dial indicator. Replace the disc if runout exceeds
Brake Disc Runout:
Service Limit: 0.010" (0.254 mm)
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
1. Remove rear brake caliper (see Chapter 9 – Caliper
Removal, page 9.34).
2. Remove wheel hub cotter pin
3. Remove the hub assembly from the vehicle and
remove the four bolts
4. Clean the wheel hub mating surface and install new
disc on wheel hub.
5. Install new bolts ⑤ and torque to specification.
Always use new brake disc mounting bolts. The bolts
have a pre-applied locking agent which is destroyed
Brake Disc Mounting Bolts:
30 ft-lb (41 Nm)
, castle nut
retaining the disc to the hub.