8. Torque wheel hub nut
new cotter pin
. Tighten nut slightly if necessary to
align cotter pin holes. Bend both ends of cotter pin
around end of spindle in different directions.
Wheel Hub Castle Nut:
110 ft-lbs (149 Nm)
9. Install new brake caliper mounting bolts and torque
Front Caliper Mounting Bolts:
40 ft-lbs (54 Nm)
New bolts have a pre-applied locking agent which is
destroyed upon removal. Always use new brake caliper
10. Install wheel and four wheel nuts. Torque wheel nuts
120 ft-lbs (163 Nm)
11. Rotate wheel and check for smooth operation.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
to specification and install a
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
Rear Drive Shaft Removal
1. Raise and support the vehicle.
Serious injury may result if machine tips or falls. Be
sure machine is secure before beginning this
procedure. Always wear eye protection.
2. Remove the four wheel nuts and rear wheel.
3. Remove the cotter pin
hub castle nut
. Remove the nut, and two cone
from the rear wheel hub assembly.
4. Remove the two bolts
lower radius rods to the bearing carrier. Discard the
nuts. Let the radius rods swing downward.
5. Remove the brake caliper mounting bolts
Remove the rear brake caliper assembly.
6. CAUTION: Do not hang the caliper by the brake line.
Use wire to hang caliper to prevent damage to the
7. Remove the rear hub assembly from the bearing
and loosen the rear wheel
retaining the upper and