Transmission Assembly / Snorkel Gear
1. Reassemble the snorkel tube and snorkel shaft
assembly by reversing the disassembly procedure
(see "Snorkel Shaft Removal / Disassembly" in
Transmission Disassembly, page 6.12").
2. After the 13T gear and bearing are pressed onto the
snorkel shaft (flush to the shoulder), install the
washer and new retaining ring.
3. Press the gear back towards the retaining ring. Avoid
excessive force so the retaining ring is not damaged
or pre-stressed significantly.
NOTE: Failure to press the gear back against the
washer and retaining ring will lead to a gear
backlash change after vehicle is placed into
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
4. Apply a small amount of white lithium grease or Anti-
Seize on the threads
5. Install the snorkel shaft into the gearcase. Using the
Snorkel Tool (PA-50231), tighten the snorkel tube
until it is lightly seated in the transmission housing.
of the snorkel tube.