1. Remove the front brake caliper (see Chapter 9 –
Caliper Removal , page 9.23).
2. Remove wheel hub cotter pin
3. Remove the wheel hub assembly from the vehicle
and remove the four bolts
4. Clean the wheel hub mating surface and install new
disc on wheel hub.
5. Install new bolts
and torque to specification.
Brake Disc Mounting Bolts
30 ft-lb (41 Nm)
, castle nut
retaining the disc to the
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
Always use new brake disc mounting bolts. The bolts
have a pre-applied locking agent which is destroyed
6. Install wheel hub assembly, washers, and castle nut.
Torque castle nut to specification and install a new
110 ft-lbs (149 Nm)
7. Install the front brake caliper (see Chapter 9 –
FRONT CALIPER SERVICE, page 9.22).
8. Follow bleeding procedure outlined earlier in this
9. Field test unit for proper braking action before putting
into service. Inspect for fluid leaks and firm brakes.
Make sure the brake is not dragging when pedal is
released. If the brake drags, re-check assembly and