8. Support the trailing arm from underneath.
9. Remove the lower shock mounting bolt and nut
Swing the shock inward. Discard the nut.
10. Remove the stabilizer bar mounting bolt, washer and
. Discard the nut.
11. Lift the trailing arm assembly upward so the rear
drive shaft is parallel with the ground.
12. Leaving the drive shaft in the transmission, swing the
rear trailing arm assembly outward until it is free from
the rear drive shaft.
13. Lower the trailing arm.
14. With a short, sharp jerk, remove drive shaft from the
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
Rear Drive Shaft Installation
1. Install new spring ring
anti-seize compound to the splines
2. Align splines of drive shaft with transmission splines
and reinstall the drive shaft. Use a rubber mallet to
tap on the outboard end of the drive shaft if
3. Swing the rear trailing arm assembly outward and
upward until the rear axle can be inserted into the
bearing carrier. Support the trailing arm from
on drive shaft. Apply an