ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
Balance Shaft Installation
1. Clean the upper crankcase balance shaft bearing
2. Align tab of new balance shaft bearings
slot in each bearing bore of crankcase. Press
bearing insert firmly into place.
3. Rotate the crankshaft until the alignment dot
the crankshaft MAG end gear is visible.
4. Apply Polaris PS-4 engine oil to both balance shaft
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
5. Install the balance shaft, placing the tooth with the
in-line with the dot
crankshaft gear (see reference images below).
Lower Crankcase Preparation
NOTE: Always replace plain bearings when the
1. Remove all traces of crankcase sealant from the
crankcase mating surfaces. Inspect the surfaces
closely for nicks, burrs or damage.
2. Clean bolt hole threads to remove any oil or
3. Inspect crankcase bearing bores. Replace the
crankcase assembly if a bearing bore is galled or if
bearing inserts have rotated in the case.
4. Be sure alignment pins are in place where used.
5. Refer to Engine Oil Flow Chart, page 3.5 at the
beginning of this chapter and trace the oil paths
through the crankcase and cylinder.
6. Flush all oil passages with solvent and then warm
soapy water. Rinse with clear, warm water and dry
with compressed air.
7. Be sure passages are clean and dry before
assembling the crankcase.