Engine Oil Level
The 2014 RZR XP 1000 engine has a wet-sump design,
meaning the engine oil is contained in the bottom of the
crankcase. To check the oil level, follow the procedure
Access the oil dipstick through the opening in front of the
passenger rear tire.
Access the oil fill cap through the cargo box access
Polaris recommends the use of PS-4 Synthetic or PS-4
Extreme Duty Synthetic 4-Cycle Engine Oil.
Recommended Engine Oil:
PS-4 (PN 2876244)
Ambient Temp Range: -35° F to 100° F
PS-4 Extreme Duty (PN 2878920)
Ambient Temp Range: 0° F to 120° F
Capacity: 2.5 Quarts (2.4 L)
1. Position vehicle on a level surface and place the
transmission in PARK.
2. Stop the engine and allow it to cool down before
removing the dipstick.
3. Unlock the dipstick lever
wipe it dry with a clean cloth.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
. Remove the dipstick and
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
4. Reinstall the dipstick and push it into place. Do not
lock the dipstick
NOTE: Make certain the dipstick is inserted all
the way into the dipstick tube to keep the depth
of the dipstick consistent.
5. Remove the dipstick and check the oil level.
6. Add the recommended oil as necessary to bring the
oil level within the SAFE range on dipstick. Do not
overfill (see NOTE below).
NOTE: A rising oil level between checks during
contaminants such as gas or moisture collecting
in the crankcase. If the oil level is over the upper
mark, change the oil immediately.
7. Add engine oil through the oil fill cap
top of the valve cover, under the cargo box access
8. When finished, reinstall dipstick and lock the lever.