7. Align spring retainer dowel pin with ring gear dowel
pin and install the retainer on top of the torsion
8. Check the action of the torsion spring by rotating in
both directions to ensure the spring and retainer are
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
9. Install armature plate. Be sure all of the armature
plate tabs are fully engaged into the roll cage
assembly and that it is resting properly on the torsion
NOTE: Verify armature plate tabs are in the roll
cage slots and that it rests properly on the spring
10. Carefully install the ring gear and roll cage assembly
into the gearcase housing.
11. Install a new O-ring on the cover plate assembly.
NOTE: Be sure the square O-ring is placed flat
on the cover surface. If the O-ring is twisted fluid
leakage may occur.