ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
Use the following procedure to reinstall the engine
1. Attach engine with suitable lifting straps to an
overhead or portable engine hoist.
2. Remove the engine stand adapter plate and install
the starter motor back onto engine. Torque starter
motor bolts to specification.
3. Install transmission joint bracket onto engine and
torque fasteners to specification in sequence.
Starter Motor Bolts:
7 ft-lb (10 Nm)
Trans Joint Bracket Bolts:
44 ft-lb (60 Nm)
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
4. Use the overhead or portable engine hoist and
suitable engine straps to lower the engine into the
NOTE: Have an assistant help guide the engine
in and out of the vehicle while using an engine
hoist to prevent personal injury or damage to
5. Align both the front and rear engine mounting
locations. Install and hand tighten the four front
engine mounting nuts
NOTE: DO NOT torque fasteners at this time.
6. Align transmission joint mounting holes with the
transmission front mounting holes.