4. Inspect the ball bearing
5. If bearing replacement is required, remove the
retaining ring and heat the stator cover around the
bearing evenly with a heat gun. Tap cover on a soft
work surface to remove the bearing from the
housing. A blind bearing puller can also be used.
Replace bearing if removed.
Water Pump Housing Removal
NOTE: The water pump housing can be serviced
with the engine installed in the chassis (see Chapter
3 – Water Pump Removal, page 3.19).
1. Remove the coolant lines from the thermostat
housing, cylinder inlet and oil cooler. Leave them all
attached to the water pump housing.
2. Remove the three long gold colored bolts retaining
the water pump housing to the engine
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
that supports the starter
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
3. Remove the water pump assembly from the engine
by using a twisting motion as you pull out on the
4. If water pump service is required (impeller or
mechanical seal), refer to
Water Pump Service,