11. Look down into the transmission housing to see the
snorkel locking screw hole opening
your starting point.
NOTE: If you have a hard time seeing into the
hole, insert a small Allen wrench, punch or
screwdriver into the hole to feel when the notch is
aligned with the hole.
12. Slowly rotate the snorkel tube clockwise while
counting the number of notches passing through the
hole opening as you rotate the tube. Rotate the
snorkel tube to the 3rd notch from the 'zero' backlash
position obtained in step 11.
13. Check the pinion shaft gear backlash again by feel. If
the pinion shaft gear lash appears to be too tight,
rotate the snorkel shaft clockwise to the next notch
14. Once the backlash is set, apply Loctite
threads and install the locking screw to secure the
Snorkel Locking Screw:
10 ft-lb (14 Nm)
NOTE: The snorkel shaft and pinion shaft must
be installed prior to transmission assembly. The
assembling the transmission.
15. Clean both transmission case halves thoroughly.
Inspect case half mating surfaces for damage.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
16. Assemble the reverse shaft assembly and input shaft
17. Install the idler gear shaft assembly
, and input shaft assembly
transmission housing, all at the same time.
, gear cluster