8. Clean all filings from the area with hot soapy water.
Rinse and dry with compressed air.
9. Lubricate valve guides with clean engine oil and
apply oil or water based lapping compound to the
face of the valve.
NOTE: Lapping is not required if an interference
angle reconditioning method is used.
10. Insert the valve into its respective guide and lap
using a lapping tool or a section of fuel line
connected to the valve stem.
11. Rotate the valve rapidly back and forth until the cut
sounds smooth. Lift the valve slightly off of the seat,
rotate 1/4 turn, and repeat the lapping process. Do
this four to five times until the valve is fully seated,
and repeat process for the other valve(s).
12. Thoroughly clean cylinder head and valves.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM