ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
Cylinder / Piston Removal
Pistons must be removed from the cylinders with the
connecting rods attached.
DO NOT attempt to service the cylinder or pistons
without disassembling the crankcase. Although you can
remove the cylinder and pistons without disassembly,
you will not be able to reassemble the engine because
of the unique cylinder skirt and crankcase design.
1. Perform ENGINE DISASSEMBLY / INSPECTION -
DISASSEMBLY / INSPECTION - LOWER END,
page 3.44 procedures.
2. Rotate the engine so the cylinder is facing up.
3. Remove the Cylinder Holding & Camshaft Timing
from the cylinder.
4. Carefully lift the cylinder and pistons from the upper
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
5. Remove the piston / connecting rod assemblies from
NOTE: If the pistons are to be reused, mark the
pistons so they are reassembled in the same
cylinder bore and direction from which they were
removed (MAG / PTO).