1. Check to be sure the PTO crankshaft seal is resting
properly in the upper crankcase.
2. Align tab of new main bearings
with the slot in each bearing bore of
the lower crankcase. Press bearing inserts firmly into
3. Apply Polaris PS-4 engine oil to the new bearings
installed in the lower crankcase half.
4. Clean crankcase mating surfaces to remove any oil.
5. Apply a thin, continuous film of Crankcase Sealant
(PN 2871557) to upper crankcase mating surface
as shown. Do not allow sealant to dry before
NOTE: DO NOT block oil passages
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
6. Carefully place lower crankcase on upper case,
and new balance
7. Tap lower crankcase with a rubber hammer to seat
8. Inspect crankcase mating surfaces to be sure they
9. Install the eight M10
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
making sure the oil pump drive chain is fed through
the lower crankcase.
the case halves together.
are joined properly. Investigate the cause of any
, two M8
lower crankcase bolts. Tighten all bolts lightly by
NOTE: Install new M10 lower crankcase bolts.
and one M6