7. CAUTION: Do not hang the caliper by the brake line.
Use wire to hang caliper to prevent damage to the
8. Remove the rear wheel hub and brake disk
9. Remove the five remaining bolts
rear bearing carrier to the trailing arm. Discard the
10. Remove the bearing carrier from the rear drive shaft
and trailing arm.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
11. Rotate bearing by hand and check for smooth
12. Replace bearing if moisture, dirt, corrosion, or
that attach the
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
rotation. Visually inspect bearing for moisture, dirt, or
NOTE: Due to extremely close tolerances and
minimal wear, the bearings must be inspected
visually, and by feel. While rotating bearings by
hand, inspect for rough spots, discoloration, or
corrosion. The bearings should turn smoothly
and quietly, with no detectable up and down
movement and minimal movement sideways
between inner and outer race.
roughness is evident.