1. Remove all carbon from valves with a soft wire wheel
2. Check valve face for runout, pitting, and burnt spots.
To check for bent valve stems, mount valve in a drill
or use "V" blocks and a dial indicator.
3. Check the end of the valve stem for flaring, pitting,
wear or damage.
4. Inspect split keeper groove for wear or flaring in the
keeper seat area.
The valves can be re-faced or end
ground, if necessary. They must be replaced if
extensively worn, burnt, bent or damaged.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
5. Measure diameter of valve stem with a micrometer in
6. Measure valve guide inside diameter at the top,
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
three places, then rotate 90° and measure again
Valve Stem Diameter:
Intake:0.2155 - 0.2161" (5.475 - 5.490 mm)
Exhaust: 0.2147 - 0.2153" (5.455 - 5.470 mm)
middle and end of the guide using a small hole
gauge and a micrometer. Measure in two directions.
Valve Guide I.D.:
0.2165 - 0.2171" (5.500 - 5.515 mm)