15. Remove the rear output shaft assembly (S) by lifting
underneath the gear or by tapping the shaft from the
opposite side. If use of a pry bar is necessary, take
care not to pry on sealing surfaces of case.
16. Remove the idler gear shaft assembly (T) and gear
cluster assembly (U) from the transmission housing
by pulling both assemblies straight up.
17. Place the idler gear shaft assembly (T) and gear
cluster assembly (U) on a clean surface for
inspection. If disassembly is required, refer to "Gear
18. Slide engagement dog (X) off of shift fork guides.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
19. Remove two screws and retaining plates, then lift
shift fork (Y) and torsion spring out of transmission
20. Using a 5 mm Allen wrench, remove the screws that
secure the pinion shaft assembly (V). Lift the pinion
shaft assembly straight up to remove it from the
housing. Note the longer screw (W) that locks the
21. Remove all seals from the gearcase halves and
clean the cases in preparation for assembly.
Gear Cluster Disassembly