REAR RADIUS RODS
Radius Rod Removal / Installation
The following procedure details upper and lower radius
rod removal and replacement on one side of the vehicle.
Repeat the following steps to remove the A-arm from the
1. Raise and support vehicle by main frame.
Serious injury may result if machine tips or falls. Be
sure machine is secure before beginning this service
2. Remove the rear wheel nuts and rear wheel.
3. Identify / mark radius rods "upper" and "lower".
4. Remove the nut, bolt and washer
the upper and lower radius rod to the bearing carrier.
Discard the nuts.
5. Remove bolts
vehicle frame. Discard the nuts.
6. Remove radius rods from vehicle.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
attaching radius rods to the
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
STEERING / SUSPENSION
7. Examine radius rod shafts, boots and spherical
bearings. Replace entire radius rod if any excessive
wear is evident.
8. Reverse this procedure to reinstall the radius rods.
9. Torque all fasteners to specification.
NOTE: Use new attaching nuts upon installation
of the rear radius rods.
Radius Rod Mounting Bolts:
40 ft-lb (54 Nm)
Upon radius rod installation, test vehicle at low speeds
before putting into service.