11. Remove oil fill cap (see Chapter 2 – Engine Oil
Level, page 2.17). Fill engine with 2.5 quarts (2.4 L)
of recommended engine oil.
Recommended Engine Oil:
PS-4 (PN 2876244)
Ambient Temp Range: -35° F to 100° F
PS-4 Extreme Duty (PN 2878920)
Ambient Temp Range: 0° F to 120° F
Capacity: 2.5 Quarts (2.4 L)
12. Verify the transmission is still in PARK.
13. Start the engine and allow it to idle for 30 seconds.
14. Stop the engine and inspect for oil leaks. Wait at
least 15 seconds before removing the dipstick.
15. Unlock the dipstick lever. Remove the dipstick and
wipe it dry with a clean cloth (see Chapter 2 –
Engine Oil Level, page 2.17).
16. Reinstall the dipstick and push it into place. Do not
lock the dipstick
NOTE: Make certain the dipstick is inserted all
the way into the dipstick tube to keep the depth
of the dipstick consistent.
17. Remove the dipstick and check the oil level.
18. Add the recommended oil as necessary to bring the
oil level within the SAFE range on dipstick. Do not
19. When finished, reinstall the oil fill cap, oil dipstick and
lock the lever.
20. Reinstall the cargo box access panel, engine service
panel and seats.
21. Dispose of used oil and filter properly.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
Engine Crankcase Breather Hose
The engine crankcase is equipped with a breather hose.
Inspect the breather hose for possible kinks or wear. The
hose is form fitted for proper fit.
Follow the breather hose
engine intake duct.
NOTE: Make sure hoses are not kinked or pinched.
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
from the crankcase to the