ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
10. Carefully place the cylinder and pistons into the
11. Install the Cylinder Holding & Camshaft Timing Plate
(PU-50563) onto the cylinder. The cylinder holding
tool retains the cylinder and pistons when the engine
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
NOTE: Whether installing a new crankshaft or re-
installing the original, refer to the bearing selection
charts (see Chapter 3 – Crankshaft Main Bearing
Selection, page 3.63 and Connecting Rod Bearing
Selection, page 3.63 ).
1. Rotate the engine so the cylinder is facing down.
2. Clean the bearing bore surfaces of upper crankcase
(main bearings), connecting rods and connecting rod
3. Align tab of new main bearing
bearing bore of crankcase. Press bearing insert
firmly into place. Repeat for all main bearings.
4. Align tab of new connecting rod bearings
slot in the connecting rod stem and connecting rod
end cap. Press bearing insert firmly into place.
Repeat for the other connecting rod.
5. Install oil drain diverter
with the slot in main
into the upper crankcase.