BALL JOINT SERVICE
Ball Joint Service Preparation
NOTE: Do not reuse a ball joint if it has been
removed. If removed, it must be replaced. Use this
removal procedure only when replacing the ball
1. Properly lift and support the vehicle by the frame.
2. Remove the appropriate front wheel.
3. To service the upper ball joint:
4. Remove and discard the two front brake caliper
mounting bolts and remove the caliper from the
brake disc (see Chapter 9 – Caliper Removal , page
5. Remove and discard the upper ball joint pinch bolt.
6. If necessary, remove the lower front shock fastener
from the A-arm.
7. Remove the upper A-Arm to frame mounting bolts
and remove the A-arm from the chassis.
8. To service the lower ball joint:
9. Remove and discard the lower ball joint pinch bolt.
10. Remove both A-arm to frame mounting bolts and
remove the A-arm from the chassis.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
Ball Joint Removal
1. Remove the retaining ring
2. Place a proper sized driver on the ball joint and place
3. Carefully press the ball joint out of the A-arm and
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
STEERING / SUSPENSION
the A-arm in a press.
discard the ball joint.
from the ball joint