Starter Motor Removal
1. Remove driver side seat and disconnect the battery.
2. Raise and support rear of vehicle.
3. Remove the RH rear wheel.
4. Remove (+) positive wire from starter motor terminal.
5. From the RH side wheel well using an 8mm flex
socket, remove the negative battery cable nut and
the two fasteners securing the starter motor to the
NOTE: The (-) negative battery cable is mounted
to the engine using the upper starter mounting
bolt / stud.
6. Remove the starter from the engine.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
Starter Motor Installation
1. Inspect and replace starter motor O-ring if needed.
2. Lubricate starter motor O-ring with fresh engine oil.
3. Install the starter motor onto the engine case.
4. Hand tighten the upper starter mounting bolt / stud.
5. Install and torque the lower mounting bolt to
6. Torque upper starter mounting screw to specification.
7. Install (-) negative battery cable to the upper starter
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
NOTE: Tighten the lower starter bolt first, as the
bottom hole acts as a pilot hole to properly align
the starter drive (bendix) with the flywheel. This
helps prevent binding and starter damage.
mounting bolt / stud. Torque nut to specification.
Starter Mounting Bolts and Nut:
7 ft-lb (10 Nm)