STEERING / SUSPENSION
Ball Joint Installation
1. By hand, install the NEW ball joint into the A-arm.
2. Using a press, carefully drive in the new ball joint into
3. After the new ball joint
, install a new retaining ring
4. Repeat the ball joint service procedure for any
additional A-arm ball joint replacements.
5. Insert upper / lower A-arm ball joint end into the
bearing carrier. Install new pinch bolts and nuts.
Torque to specification.
6. If needed, install new brake caliper mounting bolts
and torque to specification.
New bolts have a pre-applied locking agent which is
destroyed upon removal. Always use new brake caliper
7. Install wheel and four wheel nuts. Torque wheel nuts
Front Ball Joint Pinch Bolts:
42 ft-lbs (57 Nm)
Front Shock Mounting Bolts:
44 ft-lb (60 Nm)
Front Caliper Mounting Bolts:
40 ft-lbs (54 Nm)
Wheel Nuts (Alum):
120 ft-lbs (163 Nm)
is fully installed into the A-
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.