Serious injury may result if machine tips or falls. Be
sure machine is secure before beginning this
procedure. Always wear eye protection.
1. Remove the seats, console cover and engine service
panel (see Chapter 10 ).
2. Disconnect the (-) negative battery cable from the
3. Remove the rear bumper and cargo box as an
assembly (see Chapter 10 – Cargo Box Assembly
Removal, page 10.22).
4. Remove the air box assembly (see Chapter 4 – ETC
Replacement, page 4.36).
5. Raise and support the vehicle.
6. Remove the prop shaft from the transmission output
shaft (see Chapter 7 – Rear Prop Shaft Removal,
7. Remove rear wheels from the vehicle.
8. If internal transmission repair is required, drain the
Transmission Lubrication, page 2.23).
9. Remove the lower mounting bolt from the left rear
shock. Swing shock outward.
10. Remove the outer clutch cover, drive belt, drive
clutch, driven clutch, inner clutch cover and clutch
outlet duct (see Chapter 5 – PVT Disassembly, page
NOTE: Be sure to use the correct Drive Clutch
Puller (PN 2872085) to prevent damage to
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
Correct Drive Clutch Puller P/N 2872085
11. Loosely install the left rear shock bolt to hold left rear
trailing arm up in position.
12. Remove the stabilizer bar mounting bolt and nut
from both sides. Discard nuts and replace with new