ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
4. Carefully install the camshafts into the cylinder head.
The PTO camshaft lobes
5. Carefully install the rear camshaft carriers onto the
camshafts. Carrier openings should face each other
when installed properly.
6. Install the four bolts that retain each rear camshaft
and tighten the bolts evenly until snug.
should face out as
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
7. Install the Cylinder Holding & Camshaft Timing Plate
(PU-50563) into the end of camshafts as shown. Use
a 13/16" open-end wrench to rotate camshafts
slightly if needed.
8. Verify the TDC mark on the flywheel is still properly
aligned (see Step 1).
9. Pull cam chain upward, making sure it is engaged
with the drive sprocket on the crankshaft.
10. While lifting the cam chain up, engage the cam
sprockets into the chain with the "I" and "E" marks
11. Install the sprockets onto the camshafts and align
the sprocket marks with the valve cover gasket
surface (see Chapter 3 – Camshaft Timing - Quick
Reference, page 3.83).
NOTE: Intake cam sprocket should have "I"
marks aligned with gasket surface and the
exhaust cam sprocket should have "E" marks
aligned with gasket surface.
Install the exhaust cam sprocket first (opposite
the cam chain tensioner) to ensure proper cam