6. Apply Polaris PS-4 engine oil to each rod bearing
and main bearing journal
7. Loop cam chain
and oil pump drive chain
8. Apply Polaris PS-4 engine oil to the new crankshaft
and install the seal on the PTO end of the
9. Carefully lower the crankshaft into upper crankcase.
Guide connecting rods onto the rod journals of
crankshaft as necessary.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
10. Adjust the PTO crankshaft seal so it rests properly in
11. Clean bolt hole threads in connecting rod to remove
12. Install matching rod cap on connecting rod with 5
13. Install new bolts
14. Torque connecting rod bolts to specification.
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
the upper crankcase.
digit serial number stampings aligned.
and tighten evenly until snug.
Connecting Rod Bolts:
Step 1: 9 ft-lbs (12 Nm)
Step 2: 13 ft-lb (18 Nm)
Step 3: Tighten add'n 105°